COVID-19 – I distance myself with people for a reason.
This time around stretch your mind from 50,000-70,000 daily thoughts to more learning and educating ourselves as we donot have not much to do. Think Think Think because an Open mind is devil’s playground
My today’s topic is Salesmanship:
We all are selling something everyday and only few people is considered as a Salesperson. WHY ???
We all as an individual selling ourselves. On a day to day conversation with people, we are presenting a clear simple message. It may make sense for some people but not for everyone.- Fair enough.
As a real estate agent, we work as a marketer ( we use ATL and BTL marketing tools to spread our message to our targated prospects)
Providing information though media, video, blogs, email, social media – keeping us upto date with all the activities related to our profession to serve our client better with all the answers in this competitive free market economy. ( may affect due to COVID-19)
People might not hold the title of salesmanship but believe it or not since the day you were born, you become a salesperson.
New born baby is crying to get noticed to feed themselves and sell their smile being loved and their innocence to be cared.
People are involved in selling and non selling sales activities everyday in their life. People working on a different profession don’t think or dont like to be called themselves as a salesperson but studies have shown that we are spending about 40 percent of our day selling something to others.
– Lovers is selling love & affection
– friends are selling companionship
– Mother is selling dream and wisdom
– father is selling discipline, teacher is selling knowledge
– doctor is selling healthcare
– lawyer is selling legal services
– model is selling fashion
– actors is selling acting
– companies selling products and services
– comedians are selling laughter
– Consultant are selling advises
– Media is selling information and news
– and we real estate agent are selling our services and lifestyles.
Many professionals don’t think (or like to think) of themselves as salespeople but everyone’s selling something everyday and involved in non selling sales activity, best selling author Dan Pink rightly explained in his book ” TO SELL IS HUMAN “
He has explained, people are involved in non selling sales activities where money is not involved but crucial transaction happens. Even though people don’t recognize it as sales, non selling sales activity is most important aspects of their work life.
– Going for a job interview, you are selling yourself
– trying to convince your idea with your friends you are selling,
– When you are happy you are selling joy,
– when you are angry you are selling annoyance
– Posting activities on social media everyday is also a part of non selling sales activities, even i am writing this post i am selling my thoughts
When you have a something to sell (Idea, product or services), you have to go out and find the people who need what you have. If you don’t believe that your product bring good change in their life then either you are selling wrong product or you are selling it to the wrong person.
If you want to sell something, find the right product for right people if they are interested they will have it and otherwise they will help you find people who are in need of you are selling even if they don’t- called referral.
Isolate yourself – Stay Home- Stay Safe
Sell yourself with non selling sales activity